Media Mail shipping is a cost-effective way to send educational materials. This service has restrictions on the type of media that can be shipped. Media Mail rates are limited to the items listed below:
- Books (at least 8 pages).
- Sound recordings and video recordings, such as CDs and DVDs.
- Play scripts and manuscripts for books, periodicals, and music.
- Printed music.
- Computer-readable media containing prerecorded information and guides or scripts prepared solely for use with such media.
- Sixteen millimeter or narrower width films.
- Printed objective test materials and their accessories.
- Printed educational reference charts.
- Loose-leaf pages and their binders consisting of medical information for distribution to doctors, hospitals, medical schools, and medical students.
Media Mail Package Inspection:
All packages sent using Media Mail are eligible to be opened by a USPS employee to confirm contents. Any package found carrying material that is ineligible for Media Mail rates will be sent back to the sender with a possible fine and other postal charges included.
For more details, please check the information from USPS for reference: